10.12.2009

Give Life to Little Things

You don’t have to give birth to get on the latest cultural bandwagon. Try non-committal windowsill gardening. That is what I do. Your best bet in those dollar bins near the entrance to your favorite Target store: Mini Grow Kits!

P1210083

For a whole week, I thought I got a bunk batch of Black-Eyed Susans (BES) because they were really lagging behind the pot of gold, but this came up yesterday:

P1210107

This makes me think I could have plant races. I could just watch these little pots for hours. Can’t wait to see BES shake off that dirt and flower up. It seems to be more productive than watching paint dry and gentler than watching water boil. Coming up next Lavender vs Forget-Me-Nots:

P1210085

3 comments:

bethany toews said...

you're the best thing to happen to tennessee since whiskey.

J said...

One time I tried to grow an avocado tree from a common, store-bought avocado seed.

It wasn't until a few weeks later where I learned:

1. Almost all store-bought avocados are sterile.

2. Were one to plant a fertile avocado seed, it takes up to 20 years for the tree to bear fruit.

TWENTY GODDAMN YEARS.

No wonder they're so expensive.

Also, keep an eye out on my semi-fictional book about the California Avocado Cartel.

J.G. Francis said...

This is so exciting! I've got 10 bucks on Forget-Me-Nots... Anyone? Anyone?