1.10.2011

Snow Day: Blowing Brains

DSC_4772     DSC_4865

Before     12:25 pm                    After  12:53 pm

I took a picture on the way in to Overton Park and on the way out. According to my timestamp, this snowman murder happened sometime between 12:25pm and 12:53 pm. Judging from the height of the missing head and the additional footprints, the assailant was probably not a dog. Could have been a teenager or a hawk (or I guess - possibly a high-jumping frisbee dog). I’m on the lookout for a hawk wearing a scarf, a stolen scarf.

Round here it isn’t just schools and church groups that get a snow day. My office was closed. We (Memphians/Mississippians) are not equipped for snow and I am not about to show people my Michigan snow driving skills – I’d wind up at work or helping old people run errands or something. Although I don’t want my snow tracking skills to go to waste - I am thinking about getting into the snowman justice business. But I would have to move back up to Mich for that – this southern snow is gonna be gone in 48 hours – you mark my words.

DSC_4872

                                       Snow Moto in Overton Park, SKL 2011

1 comment:

Sir Steven said...

Thank you for sharing the decapitated snowman. I would like to think he is greatful for the memorial.