7.12.2012

Lofty Ideas

meandthemoon

For those of you that don’t know, I am newly liberated and have been traveling a lot lately. Metaphorically and quite literally – like see this photo of me on the moon?

More importantly, I’ve been cooking up some ideas for the next great blog project and it got me thinking that so much blogging and internet content nowadays is kind of “stunt” writing – you know, like when people are like “I am going to take one photo a day of this” (ok, that can be pretty cool) or “I will write about the weather in LA every day for a year” (ok I did that). It makes me wonder if this is something I should fight against or just give into. Am I destined to be a stunt blogger?

Here are a few ideas I have been tossing around:

  • Strike up a conversation about __________ with one stranger a day
  • Entering the underground culture of sweeping
  • Start an advice column where I have my girlfriend from the west coast, mid-west, and the south answer (no one needs east-coast advice, JK)
  • One craft a day from my thrifted craft books
  • Anything to do with truck-driving school
  • Adventures in starting my own spray tan business
  • A daily investigation/analysis into/about one of the following dusty books on my bookshelf: Southern Living’s Travel South (a book obtained from Idontknowwhere??), Dena Kaye’s The Traveling Woman, Story Structure Architect, Backstage Pass by Angela Bowie, Put Offs and Come Ons: Psychological Maneuvers and Stratagems by A.H. Chapman, M.D., Photomontage by Dawn Ades, or Day Trips From Memphis by R Finlayson and S Sprott Pace.  (I may never finish this blog post if I keep looking at all the weird books I have)

Any other suggestions for stunt blogging are appreciated. Until then, I am off to eat some Soul Fish.

No comments: