9.24.2012

Defacing

I finally got a Tennessee drivers license.  I did this for many reasons;  one being that I have finally, after exactly four years, accepted I no longer live in California and besides, I was coming dangerously close to becoming a jury-duty fugitive (which is very unlike me because I happen to love jury duty). Another reason is that I figure I should probably vote this year, if only to stay in fashion. I took a free bumper sticker from the Obama campaign so it is the only right thing to do.  (Tennessee happens to be one of the states that adopted one of those totally wack voter ID laws). The other big reason is that I had to re-up my Memphis Library Card and those folks there are real sticklers about residency.

With my new schedule I have had more time, but less money to research so I have been hitting the ol BenjHooks Library like crazy.

Their new books section is fantastic. Really.  I've already read the new Julia Childs bio, a war memoir from a soldier who disarmed bombs, and a couple insane diet books (those are my favorite. I am drinking a beer right now). I'm currently reading a true crime book called "People Who Eat Darkness" and it is giving me terrible panic attacks and nightmares (sign of a great book). But all of those are really time wasters that are distracting me from my astrology and Nancy R research.

What my research is uncovering (in addition to straightforward historical facts) is that people interested in Nancy R and Astrology are hands down, the most vanadolous, criminal-minded bunch of all library goers!  One book about Nancy had pictures carefully exacto-bladed out in sharp squares!  To cut photos out and return them as if nothing happened? Bold!

And nearly every astrology book that features a worksheet or astrology blank has writing in it!  Look at the posted example! Morrie! Pink pen!? Has no one ever heard of a photocopier?

I guess it is hard to have nice things for pblic property. Especially when the library only requires a TN driver license and not a full astrological chart to check out books.  You can trust a gal who takes years to let go of the west coast, but you cannot, ever, trust a gemini with a pink pen!


No comments: