3.29.2013

95 More Posts Until The End

My attention to this blog has been better lately, but lets be real, it has been sporadic in recent years. And now that I can't use the great and powerful Windows LiveWriter, I don't like posting pictures here as much as I used to. I tired to use what everyone tells me is the Mac equivalent: "MarsEdit" and another one - both were total crap as far as image editing and placement. But that isn't the only problem with hanging onto blogger, the problem is that my juicy stories need to be put on the secret blog (limited public viewing) or sold for cash or cigarettes and nowadays it is just easier to tell stories on tumblr, instagram, and vine and..hmm..maybe twitter. Although, my problem with twitter is that it is only as good as the moments I'm checking it. Too many tweets! You better hope your witty tweet showed up in the block of time I was glancing at my account or I will never know how hilarious you are.

Here is proof of my blogging decline:


2009 was obviously a big year.  I think moving to the south was very inspirational.  Let's not even talk about 2005!  What a statement! ONE post.

To further crunch the numbers and give you an idea of how much one has to "blog" to keep up respectable content:

3 posts a week = 156 posts a year
2 posts a week = 104 posts a year

And for fun, here are my comment stats:


Wondering about the comments awaiting moderation? Some cool spam from hotels in India and religious sites that I haven't brought myself to delete because I may need them for a story prompt or I may need to give my comment numbers a vanity-boost someday.

And finally the total number of posts on this eight-year-old endeavor (if you want to count 2005, nine years):


905 posts! 95 more I will have reached 1000 posts and then I can retire, well, retire this blog anyway. I would hate to set it on the shelf without a nice round number so I'm going for 1000. 

I found this handy days-from-now calculator and determined that if I were to start blogging once a day every day from here on out. This blog would retire on July 2nd, 2013 and August 9th if I wanted to take the weekends off. 

If I actually post 95 more times this year I will reach 111 posts for 2013 and that is back to 2011 levels! What if I get so inspired that I don't want to get rid of this beaute? We'll just have to see what happens. 





No comments: