4.02.2013

Alumni Power

I took on the volunteer task of sending handwritten postcards to encourage potential students to attend my alma mater: Wayne State University.  A large university right in the heart of Detroit.  I loved going there, well I kind of got more of an education from the city, but nevertheless.... like many things, the further away from it I get, the fonder my memories.

But when I got the postcards, I couldn't help but question my brain health.  Did I go to THIS Wayne State?





I don't remember trumpets or grassy fields. Or any kind of grassy field you would want to walk in unless you were looking for something you lost after a high-speed police foot-chase. 

To be fair, that horn may be a french horn. I'm glad things are progressing, but I am not sure what to write now that I am under the watchful eyes of these happy young people on the front of these cards. Maybe I could draw over the pictures to give a more accurate portrayal of the WSU/Detroit experience? 

I'll probably just do my duty, say my educational experience shaped my life into the masterpiece it is now, and then invite the students to check out a future blog post where I dig up some more old pictures of the old D days. 

Go Tigers. 





No comments: