5.18.2011

Five Stars

IMG_3631

IMG_3625

We are back. I got sick but not before getting ill! Really, I’ve been out of commission for two whole days, drowning in my own sickness and having sweaty daydreams of the weekend blur.  Did I really see a greasy German in a blue speedo try to pick up a perfect stranger by eating an apple six inches from her face? No words. Just fruit: the international language of sexy time.

My cab driver to the airport told me a story about how his ex-girlfriend was from Detroit, well actually Bloomfield but she acted like she was from the center of the damned city – she had a lot of ghetto in her. Well anyway this chick had a run of bad luck: a drive-by that wrecked her car and gave her a closed head injury, year of migraines, a lost job, a sister who committed suicide…she took it all out on him until one day he lost it and that’s when she called the cops and Nevada doesn’t take domestic shit lightly so he lost his job at the Wynn and had to drive a cab. This was just two weeks ago and ever since he has been driving the 12 to 12 shift (that is midnight to noon). Most of his runs are from the strip clubs which is crazy because he has to hear all kinds of stories about the stuff that goes on there. It is always guys coming out of the clubs really late and really mad that they got taken for all kinds of money. “But she bought me drinks and gave me her phone number!” The cabbie shook his head, “They don’t know these girls are smiling at them cuz it’s their job! And a lot of them [the guys] are from NEW YORK… I just don’t understand.”    Why? I think that explains everything.

1 comment:

kfw said...

Ha, ha. I miss cabbies more than words can say.