10.14.2011

Seasons Change With the Scenery

Traveling and season changes are key ingredients for two disastrous things in my life: losing sh*t and getting migraines.

Somehow in my packing and unpacking I lost a couple things that have nothing to do with my trip:

  1. A cute and colorful zippered pouch holding a couple business cards, a band-aid wrapper, and two flash drives that have extremely valuable documents on them.
  2. A stack of index cards with all of my script scenes – you can imagine how valuable those are as well. Millions?

I found the flash drives but I can’t confirm that someone didn’t take them overnight, copy all my files, and then submit them to The New York Times or The Paris Review or something. We will know soon enough.

As far as the index cards I can only imagine the places one could misplace a stack of index cards because index cards are only used for one of three things:

  1. Recipes, Recipe boxes
  2. Hopeless GRE vocabulary practice
  3. Screenplay scenes for people that don’t like Final Draft or the Index Card ipad app.

I’m no technophobe but I like a mix of hard copy items mixed up with my digital stuff, unfortunately you can see that me losing index cards AND flash drives proves that you can be equally screwed.

As for the other thing, the migraines, I won’t elaborate because sometimes migraine stories are like other-peoples-dream stories and sometimes they are incriminating. This one is a splash of one and a dash of the other, so I’ll leave it out for today.

But speaking of incriminating, on my way to work the other day I got caught behind two cop cars having a red-light steering wheel dance off.  Their windows were down and they were blasting some kind of music (from their cop radios?) and they were definitely bobbing their heads and waving their hands all about like they just didn’t care. I couldn’t believe my eyes but there they were – cops dancing like bacon in a frying pan, I mean like popcorn over a hot fire, like corks on waves, like no one was watching. They even kept it going for quite a while after the light turned green but what was I going to do? Honk my horn and remind them that my tags are due for renewal?

I grabbed my camera when it was a bit too late, but here they are, the dancing policeman – if you get pulled by ‘em just see if you can groove your way out of it:

IMG_4962

No comments: