1.18.2012

I have been staring a this before and after page for a week now. Not a week straight, but like I kept the tab on my internet browser up so I could go back and soak in all the floral brooches and try to figure out which column was supposed to be the "before" and which one was the "after".  I find the facial pallor of real people photographed under florescent lighting at business seminars to be intoxicating. 

I suggest you do it too. Meditate on what it means to improve your image. Does it mean putting a shirt on as opposed to just wearing a bra, like the woman in about the 45th set of pictures down? Or maybe it means putting that tie on? Like the gentleman in pictures 14,17, and 22? Or maybe it means donning the female equivalent of the tie: The Flower Pin, like the women in pictures 1, 13, 23, 25, 27, 28, 29, 31, and oh, most of the rest of them.

I like to imagine a makeover seminar led by a woman dressed like Mary Poppins who has a magical, bottomless bag of floral pins. At the end of the seminar, the whole audience lines up to be saved from their plain tops and blazer lapels. Even though the line is long and her bag so small, she blesses them all, one by one, with a flower brooch from her bag. People cry. They get their picture taken next to a beige room divider. They feel different.

This world is full of magic. I bet that is happening somewhere right now.
 
(picture numbers are estimates)

No comments: