3.30.2012

A Dark Meaty Place

Horses are the theme these weeks.  First, the season finale of Luck turned out to be the series finale because of some horse mishaps.
And then a work trip brought me to the Tennessee State Capitol (that is in Nashville for those of you that don’t know, although most people from where I am from, think Memphis and Nashville are the same thing. They are the same, just like San Francisco and Los Angeles are the same). A local rep told us that there are often bills up for vote that involve horse meat factories. He said that the Tennessee legislation is bad for ya if you are a woman, gay, a teacher, or a horse.  I would hate to hear what kind of lady parts factories those crazies have in the works!
By some twist of fate (and long spans between blog posts) the latest  completion photo happens to be of a:
pysch_test 020
No 18 in my mind:
Pyschtest_18_horse
I think hearing about the horse meat farm put me in some kind of mood. Usually I would think: transportation, the wild west, Amaragosa, but no, I imagined a fate nearly as bad as the unthinkable horsemeat factory for this horse. I imagined he had been styled by an Urban Outfitters catalog stylist.  I’m just in a really dark place.
That is what talking about horse meat will do to you.

1 comment:

kfw said...

As a fellow horse lover, this post was both sad and hilarious. All things awful begin and end at an Urban Outfitters.