1.17.2007

Confession

Dear You Know Who,

I have to tell you that on the last day that I saw you. One day after officially breaking up, we were in your apartment and you weren't talking to me because well, why would you since I had already informed you that you were saying everything wrong. Anyway, I was in your room, packing up my American Tourister carry-on approved weekender when I saw that Richard Ford short story book that you were going to lend me. I picked it up and packed it right in the outside zip compartment next to a dirty long sleeved t-shirt. I packed it knowing full well that upon our break-up the conditions of the book loan had changed. I knew I was stealing from you and I was pretty certain that it would make me feel better that someday you would need to reference Richard Ford's short fiction and it wouldn't be there.

It may not happen for a while but it will happen. And I think after this confession I will finally feel better about it. You should also know that I haven't read word one of the book. Yet.

Sincerely,
XXXX X

No comments: