7.25.2008

I made two trips to the Atwater Post Office today to mail some of my books to Michigan. I really should hire a personal assistant to help me with the packing and errands that I have to deal with to make this move happen. Anyone want to come work for me for five dollars an hour and all the frozen vegetables you can eat? Why should I hire someone really when my favorite mule/worker, my little sister, is coming next week.

Besides my friends whom I will miss beyond belief, I’m going to miss the Dodgers and Dodger Stadium, The Americana, the walk to the coffee shop, the 8 am street-cleaning panic, two-story Forever 21's and the people that forgive me for shopping there, the Arclight, Club Tee Gee, Carousel, Zankou, the Pacific Ocean, Glendale Public Library, Brand Arts& Music Library, Larchmont Beauty Supply, Eat Well, Dusty’s, The Vista Theater, walkin around the reservoir, teaching Body Blast at Total Woman, driving to the desert, Lone Pine, Writegirl, I Love Super Beautiful, Palm Springs thrift shopping, Bethany & JG's house, and Pinkberry.

1 comment:

bethany toews said...

jg and bethany's house feels different today. the white vinyl space chairs and all their moon dust are longing for the warmth of your cheeks as we watch the dodger game and eat cheese and salami "tacos". I haven't fully processed the loss, but the chest pains are starting to set in, and I will say that reading this blog made me teary eyed. there are reminders of you everywhere, as if we have broken up and now I am forced to turn on the radio as it is playing our song. it sings "come back sara, come back. LA isn't the same without you. oooh ooh oooh."