7.30.2008

I was in Studio City in my parked car when the earthquake hit. I thought Doctor Dre had spontaneously set my car up with hydraulics or something. I was rolling and bumping alongside all the other cars in the parking lot. I kept looking for a giant ruck or a spaceship lift-off - I couldn't figure out what was making everything so windy and rolly. What an amateur.

Anywho...I sold my Nagel this evening. My bed too. I wish I could say I am sitting in an apartment full of nothing but the only thing that getting rid of furniture has done for me and my stuff is to let things that I never knew I had spill out everywhere. Furniture contains things. It is more useful than I ever thought. So now I have to just wait until my sister gets here and hope she knows what to do with my mountians of bullcrap.

I only have one DVD left unpacked: "Mommy Dearest" and I have been watching it with the John Waters commentary. It's quite good. I am most intrigued by the similarities between Joan Crawford/Faye Dunaway's cold-cream-make-up in the "wire hanger" scene and Heath Ledger's Joker makeup in "The Dark Knight."It is errie.

No comments: