8.31.2009

Cairo, Redux

If you want to go on a road trip with me there are only a couple requirements:

  1. You must be able to accommodate your dietary needs at places like Circle K, McDonalds, and Flying J Truck Stops without commentary about things being bad or good or gluten this or that.
  2. You must be able to “get ready” within five minutes.
  3. You must refrain from saying, “Oh this is so great, I need to come back here.” Because that is annoying since you are already there, in an awesome place.

That being said – you know where I really want to revisit? Cairo, IL.

P1200778 P1200787

I thought about going back there the whole time I was there.

P1200785

I took the five mile detour after being on the road for nine hours so I was a little too bugged out to do any serious exploring. The tired mind comes up with the kind of young-gal-in –abandoned-building murder scenarios that would make Rob Zombie barf.

So I want to go back. Maybe with Rob Zombie. Maybe with you, should you fulfill the above set of requirements. You should also know that there is a second set of requirements that go further into musical taste, conversational aptitude, and apocalyptic survival skills, but let’s just see if you can concoct a peanut-allergy, vegan friendly meal out of the cold case at 7-11 first.

No comments: