3.01.2010

Monday and March in the Same Day?

Today I talked with at least a half dozen people about how ohmygoodnesscanyoubelieveits March already. And like all conversations about weather, those conversations about time whizzing by and March sneaking up and spring being so late and Mondays coming faster than Fridays never get old for me. I cherish them in these long dark destitute days of Tennessee winter.

Time really did get away from me and I forgot to post highlights of my past week here.  To summarize a summary of what I need to catch up on: More Mississippi Love – particularly: Crenshaw Mississippi and Giant Dinosaurs in Marks Mississippi – happenings like: an unfunny workweek, an inappropriate student essay about swinging, and another attempt at winning a trazzler contest (well I have only tried once but I could really use a free plane ticket so favor/save my trip NOW) oh and, of course, the (late) personal discovery of Royce and Marilyn. Drunk, middle-to-old-aged women discussing fine music and elegance have long been my favorite source of entertainment and what I consider to be the aspirational version of my future self and pretty much the guiding factor of which I measure the progress of my life.

Also (meaning bullet-point summary):

  • I love getting name tags and email addresses at the places I work. I like the emails that end in .edu - .org does not interest me, but anyway – thanks for the email addy.
  • Driving into West Memphis from I-40 West reminds me of a stretch of the I-10 near Pomona, CA.
  • I am going to keep my new phone even though TMobile had no reception in Williamsburg (Tmobile tower strength cannot penetrate irony) during my trip. I don’t think it will be a problem here and now that my coworker told me “you can’t return your phone! Ya got yourself a cute lil phone cover” I realize I have no argument. So call me.
  • I enjoy realityshowreviews/fanfiction (thanks BB).

No comments: