3.25.2010

Farmers Almanac

Drove highway 61 again today, along with a bit of Highway 3 and some of the 4. Went through Tunica, Little Texas, Askew, Sledge, Crenshaw, Sarah, and I think Hollywood (not in that order) Mississippi.

P1230582

P1230609

The ladies I lunched with were born and raised in Marvel, AR and Lambert, MS. When I say raised I mean they weathered some good seventy three plus years of living including kids, grandkids, foster kids, and great grandkids. One of them told me that when her son was not even a year old, a lady ‘cross the street told her how to get him off the bottle by waiting until the moon was working. You know, when its on its way to getting bigger until it’s full. “I waited until the moon was there – jus right and took the bottle out of his mouth and he never want one since. Even spit a pacifier out the next day.”

It’s all in the farmers almanac, including the best time to get your teeth pulled.

P1230615 P1230616

P1230624

(from the Tunica Museum)

1 comment:

佩璇佩璇 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.