3.20.2011

Ol’ Five Foot and Other Headlines

OLDFIVEFOOT COLEMANSCRYSTAL

OLFIVEFOOTback

NATGEO_CRYSTAL

COLEMANMINERS

I might have a travel story or two to tell if my arms ever unstiffen from the crispy sunburn I got while out digging for treasures in the middle of Arkansas. Check out these postcards I got at Coleman’s Crystal Mine.  We picked up some awesome rocky treasures in their shop to make up for the stuff we didn’t find on our own. They wrapped them in the local paper for safe traveling and when I was unpacking everything I couldn’t help but notice how interesting things are out near the Ouachita Forest:

(real headlines, as published)

  • ACFG, Forest Service monitoring caves for deadly bat disease
  • Greatest Shooter Contest in February
  • Spike Girls Have First CFL (Cabin Fever Luncheon)
  • Mature Bald Eagles still fascinate as they soar over Village
  • What ever happened to solemnity?
  • Paul and Eunice Luebke – work took them around the world     (profile piece about a sweet old couple)

1 comment:

kfw said...

I want to go here! And I want to attend the Cabin Fever Luncheon.