6.23.2011

Out the Car Window

IMG_4022

This PT Cruiser was COVERED in Skull Stickers from the roof to the boof. The dwarf guy from Lord of the Rings was driving.

IMG_4020

The latest craze in child activism! It’s what the anti-immunization movement used to be. 

I bet skull guy doesn’t think that is funny.

IMG_3981

Just another Friday afternoon in Tunica, Mississippi.  Trust me it was too hot to be pulled over and standing next to your car, let alone having some furry K-9 rubbing his business in your glovebox. Yaknowwhatimean?

Right after I saw this mess, I stopped at a gas station where I witnessed a guy purchase beer for some minors. Well maybe they weren’t minors. Maybe they were just some hardworking young folk that forgot their id’s at home. All five of them in a red Nissan, just wanting to pick up a few brewsers for their grandpappy and get home to the fam.

It looked like the buyer dude had a partner and they were running some kind of drive-through beer-assistance operation at the BP. How much money can you make doing that? I can’t remember how much we used to pay “Smiley” (the thirty-something-year-old town buyer, who drove a dark blue pick-up and was always around the cruising strip) but it couldn’t have been more than a few bucks. I would never trust a teenager to do anything responsible so my fee for buying alcohol for a minor would be so high they would be better off starting a proper drug habit. 

And that is my humblebrag about my high morals!!

1 comment:

Molly Donahue said...

yes! i learned a new term AND took a trip back in time to my late teen years.
thanks for both!