8.26.2008

I'm full of shame once again. Emma and I just got back from the Michigan State Fair where we paid a dollar to get into an exhibit to see the worlds smallest woman. It really was a real live woman from Haiti. She was watching tv and wearing sandals sitting cross-legged in a white box next to a sign that said she was born in 1977 and only knows a little english. The sign outside said you could talk to her and I had an overwhelming urge to ask her my future. I didn't though because I already know the future of people that pay money to gawk at people. And it is very bright indeed.

My favorite fair exhibit was the chick hatchery. We saw a little baby turkey beak-busting out of an egg. It totally tops that god awful 'Miracle of Life' human baby video we were forced to watch in science class. Egg births are far more civilized.

1 comment:

kfw said...

Stop being amazing! "I already know the future of people that pay money to gawk at people. And it is very bright indeed."
This made me pause on numerous levels, all with giddy fanfare. Also, you are a master adventurer. I LOVE and ADORE how you spend your days.