6.20.2009

Complaint Installment 2 of 1,000 in Reference to Southern Weather

First, a drive-by sighting of another great hair salon:

haireffects

I don’t think Hair Efects is affiliated with the Detroit salon, Incisions.

And an exclusive feature of Memphis strip malls:

P1180285

How cute! I know what goes in the blue boxes – but what or who is in the little space pod?

So, I am not used to this weather (yet). It is, as a few natives have told me, a bit hotter than usual, but it’s making my brain melt (current Memphis migraine count: two). I think it has to do with the strong upper level ridge of high pressure that weather.com has warned us about.

A HEAT ADVISORY MEANS THAT A PERIOD OF HOT TEMPERATURES IS EXPECTED. THE COMBINATION OF HOT TEMPERATURES AND HIGH HUMIDITY WILL COMBINE TO CREATE A SITUATION IN WHICH HEAT ILLNESSES ARE POSSIBLE.

MemphisHOTweather P1180280   Weather by Memphis                         Straw sculpture by B. Mehr

I wish more people found it interesting to talk about the weather. I would make friends way faster here. As of right now, I know a sweaty lady from Arkansas and a teen at the Tiger Mart.

No comments: