6.24.2009

Cooped Up

I always thought it was couped up. TGFSP! Couped up is when you are all intertwined in plots to kill political leaders or take over CEO’s of companies while they are having liver transplants.

This is what I finished alone outside of our place tonight:

P1180312

Naw – that was just the pre-party leftovers from a show at the Hi Tone on Friday. It was 110 degrees so I don’t remember what it was. 110 outside and 120 inside! Hotter than arm wrastlin’ in a pizza oven. Hotter than road burn on a baby! I have started to carry a kerchief for my sweat. I wish I could find those “coolie band” things that all the Germans wear when they tour the Grand Canyon.

I did find THIS COOL DISTANCE CALCULATOR from a UK site. I used it and found that Little Rock is really not so far away. I am going to take a Bill Clinton walking tour tomorrow as soon as I have some coffee.

Other things my restlessness is making me realize:

  • I wish I was a KID IN VANCOUVER.
  • I want to DO THIS the next time I am in LA.
  • There are a lot of “True Blood” fans in Memphis.
  • You should be careful if you want to quote HL Mencken even if he says sick true stuff like, "It is hard to believe a man is telling you the truth when you know you would lie if you were in his place."
  • On Questioning humanity: I was researching my particular migraine/stroke issue and I came across this awesome message board where people with medical problems swap totally unreliable and unsolicited medical advice. Everybody’s MB signature has a list of their “diagnoses” and medications. For example: 

     JOHN DOE

    DX: Wegener's Disease, Migraines, Diabetese Type II, PCOS, Lactose Intolerant, Benign Heart Murmer, Depression, Asthma, Asperger's Syndrome, Necrotizing Gramultous Inflamation in eye, A.D.D., Acid Reflux

    Medications: CellCept, Prednisone, Tri Nessa, Percocet, Metformin, Prilosec, Protonix, Zantac, Advair, Cingulair, Albuterol, Calcium + Vitamin D

     (taken from real message board contributor)

Sorry but – how many parties can that guy get invited to? Whoa. Well with the pharmies he might have a chance…

Anyway. Please come visit. It isn’t nearly as hot as I have been complaining about (bald faced lie) and I feel that I am experiencing a complaint backlash. Come on down or out – we’ll go Southern Gothic.

Signed,

SK

DX: Bipolar, ChocoANDshoeAholic!!, adrenaline junkie, late sleeper, coffee snob, carpal tunnel, farsighted, celebrity workout addict, migraines, compulsive driver, bitchslapper.

Medications: Baby asprin, almond stuffed olives, synthroid

1 comment:

heidi said...

a) i created a map for an article on the crime bus tour for LAA, which is why you get a ton of crime images when you google my name. not that i've ever googled me name every day.

b) i will visit you. my favorite aunt is moving to memphis too. more reasons to visit!