7.12.2009

Deep Endeavors

I know that my birthday is an important day for so so so many people. I like to use my special day as a marker for new, longer projects (like stuff that could take a year). So two years ago I started a Los Angeles weather worship/description project called 80 and Sunny. The following year I started a project called Move back to Michigan/Spittin From the Mitten and I also edited the end result of 80 and Sunny into a fun paperback book. I finished it (with the help of some rad people) this birthday weekend. It’s now available at Lulu:

BookScreenShot

What is next, you wonder? What can I possibly come up with now? Well – enter Left at the Thrift Store  - a clearing house for photos that I (and you dear friend and reader) take of radical finds that you just couldn’t reasonably purchase at the thrift store – either the item was too big or too ridiculous – or too reminiscent of the hundreds of polyester mistakes that you have made in the past. There are many reasons we choose to pass up another great loveseat or ship painting even though we know what it is really “worth” – you don’t have to let it go forever – take a picture and send it in. It will live forever, or as long as blogger has bandwidth and as long as the web shall live.

I’m just starting this so any comments or ideas (and especially submissions) would be greatly appreciated. I need to figure out how to make a photo upload page – I expect an onslaught of submissions within days of this posting.

No comments: