7.03.2009

Holiday Research

I was on the internet looking up information on firework laws in Tennessee – when I got a call from Emma who told me, “what? Laws? It’s America’s Birthday! This country wasn’t built on LAWS! People have been blowing stuff up in my neighborhood all week already.”

So I changed my research to focus on one of the cool sights we came across in Little Rock last week: Ray Winder Field, the ol’ ball park for the minor league team The Arkansas Travelers (double A affiliate of the Angels). Check out pics at digitalballparks.com (I didn’t snap any myself). It is a fantastic field with wooden grandstands and old-timey lights. I found some information on ArkansasRoadStories.com that confirmed the park is indeed old (built in 1931) and historically important (you can just tell – anything wooden, including the Mean Streak at Cedar Point , is historically important) But, when I checked the Travs sight they directed me to Dickey-Stephens Park – turns out it is the new home for the team.  Looks a lot like a new-style-light-brick-in-the-city-side-ballpark.

Speaking of - I’ve been waiting for the temps to back off a bit to visit a Redbirds game here and I will soon.. especially if they have fireworks.

No comments: