4.01.2010

Marching Out Like A Little Royal Lamb

What have I been doing? Why have I not updated in a whole week? I have been filling out my census. I really overanalyze standardized tests (or forms in this case, I guess). I wouldn't take the census so seriously if I hadn’t caught a couple episodes of Who do You Think You Are. I am convinced the census people are sponsoring those heredity shows so that you will equate filling out the census with having eternal life, your name marked in time for all of your future ancestors to track back and wonder at the glory of our interconnectedness and the diverse path of the adventure we call human life.  At the very least it could be a valuable target marketing tool, this knowing who-lives-where-and-by-what-relation business.

What else have I been doing? Check out this list – presented in list form because I’m in a terrible hurry to pack and get to sweet, sunny Michigan:

…watching PBS monkey specials, Hot Tub Time Machine, buying powerball lottery tickets (true sign of a person accepting the fate of working in an office), traveling to Oxford, amassing brain damage from multiple migraine attacks, organizing receipts in size then date then font or upcoming tax audit, watching the original Clash of the Titians, wishing for Medusa’s powers, reviewing emails from Nixon Library email list, and getting a speeding ticket.

Oh, and – venturing on the road behind the AmVets on Elvis Presley because my friends told me there was a real castle amongst the trailer park homes.

It looked like this when they went:

AMvetsCastle

and I guess ever since the moat dried up, the crocodiles got out and the dragons got in, and they started serving pizza:

2010-03-31 12.55.56

It’s the Warren Mart now kids. Meet me there for pizza next week when I get back and I will fill you in on all the stuff I forgot to put to web this week!

May your Easter basket be full and your castle moat stay moist, Happy Holiday to all!

No comments: