11.22.2012

The Road

Internet and cell phone reception has been spotty. I’ve been able to upload pictures here though.

So far I have seen two different deer families. Total deer count is at seven. One  crew of four in my parent’s back yard and another pack of three on a dirt service road. How do I know they were families? I guess I don’t, but they seemed to be together. Maybe they were deer gangs. Orphaned deer that form a makeshift family after the circumstances of hunting season have left them to live in a small space where seven deer have to stop being polite and start getting real.

We met some friends for dinner tonight at a place in the northern burbs. We took roads like “Duck Lake Road” and “Cooley Road” and “Bogie Lake Road”.  The sun was going down pretty quickly (it gets dark at 2:30pm here) and we had to swerve around trucks on the side of the road because so many dudes (and maybe some gals) had stopped for a post-work hunt. We saw a few people wandering in the woods with their guns and their orange vests. Orange vests over business casual wear. I like that image. Reminded me a little bit of living in California and how all the surfers parked along the highway to have an evening surf – it was kind of like that expect the shooting animals and tying them to the back of your truck part. Somewhere in the world there is a post-work-surf-hunt hybrid activity going on.

I like the post-work activities here in Dearborn:

IMAG6206

More later. Due to the internet connection, the chances of this post posting before December 2012 are slim.

No comments: