10.16.2008

Anticipation

My favorite Angelinos, Bethany, Heidi, and JG are making their way through the Pennsylvania wilderness (turnpike) right now. They are on the run from a bar fight after last nights Philly-Dodger "game". The last text I got from JG was "F these Goodwill Hunting MFers" and I assume that he got punched in the face for mistaking Philly for Boston. It's an honest mistake for a west coaster. The whole Atlantic coast is just a blur of people and funny accents anyway. Not many people know that Goodwill Hunting originally took place in Saugatuck, Michigan but there has been an aggressive anti-peninsula sentiment in mainstream entertainment since the eighties (American Pie and 8Mile  are proof).

I like movies that are about a poor or underachieving guy that lives close to an ivy league school and sits in on classes every day until he has a chance to do an elaborate math problem on the chalkboard. What was the one with the homeless guy? Was that Pesci near Harvard or Gary Oldman near Columbia? I can't remember. But I want to be clear that just because you live by Harvard doesn't make you smart. I didn't get this adorable because I lived close to Pepperdine and UCLA for a couple years. It took real work. The closest school to me right now is a beauty school. I'm already seeing my next film: A girl, down and out on her luck, damaged hair but a big brain full of fresh ideas for pony tails. She has small hands perfect for rolling perms and she always wears something fun, like a smock. One day after getting rejected from another bank job, she sneaks into the senior class at a beauty school, sets the curls of a cranky blue-haired regular who is about to close the school because of comb sterilization infractions. The old lady is so happy with her hair she forgets to call the state board and actually leaves a two dollar tip!

I think my video is done rendering now.

Can't wait to see y'all soon.

No comments: