12.10.2008

Lunch With a Student

It's time to catsup with the latest haps.

Good news: found a pill in an old pill box marked M357 - my favorite number!

Last class today. I arrived about 20 minutes late because I forgot that the college re-arranges the time schedule during finals week so I walked in to a bunch of students sitting on tables and fiddling with their cell phones and each other. I made up a ridiculous lie on the spot about running over a giant buck on the highway and having to skin it immediately to preserve the meat (ala Into the Wild). Later after class I was killing time and a sandwich at a local schwarma shop when one of my students from my afternoon class shows up and asks if he can join me. It was comfortable because I was reading a novel about Kinsey. We talked about christmas shopping and lipgloss and scrooges and then I asked to be excused and he said "I'm not stalking you."  M357.

My officesignproject domain is about to die. Something is f-ed with my billing but I see it as a sign to let passiveagressivenotes.com (est.2008) take over. It was more of a 2000-4 thing anyway and I am so bo-ored with that and I am a creator, not a collector. Anyhow - I can't take credit for all the cranky passive aggressive secretaries and roommates in this world. But let me just say that the UK version of their book has the exact same title of my book proposal that was in several editorial board meetings of some serious publishing houses...uh what what? M357.

Lets talk about how Kyle and Sona won for best directing at the Channies on Sunday night. I am so proud of them. I think it is so cool that great acting can be mistaken for great directing. I guess It's still an auteur's world.... JK. Love you guys. Good job. M357.

My friends are arguing about Ugg boots via email. M357.

My GOD, I found an Ultra Suede shirtdress at the salvo on 8mile today! That wasn't even the real highlight of the shopping mission either. As usual, I had to assist a tiny old lady with wardrobe selection. They always have the same criteria: does it have a red tag? red tags are 50% off... So I find a cardigan with some nice gold buttons and a red price tag and I hold it up for her and she peers over her glasses, "oooh yes that's nice... a bit too jazzy for an old lady though." This is coming from a woman in a purple plaid wool coat and a green knit beret. "Oh no mam, you're supposed to get jazzier as you get older." "Oh is that how it goes..." and she howls. Howls and pushes her cart to the next aisle to find more red tags on less jazzy sweaters. M357.

Some things are too good to write about. Erdman's birthday party is not one of them. We had the greatest time ever right before the party because it was me and Mehr and Ju and Steve (M's man crush) and Derek and Amy and Jim and we are all exciting and charming and beautiful and thoughtful people that love M&Ms and laughter. Derek and Jim opened their presents and we ate pizza and waited for the rest of the people to come over and ruin everything and break tables and hide paintings in the toilet tank and annoy me.

presents amyandderek

legaleagles jimpresents

makesomenoise smokeythebirthdaybear

ouch

The girl (and I am not going to say which one) above was deemed by Julia as the most annoying person at the party (or on earth). I saw a couple people actually break a glass in their hands while standing next to her. I think that Derek still had a good birthday. Mostly because he got a special Bethany Toews/Sweet Bea Honeythroat/Softbones production of The New Birthday Song and because we all went out to see Alex Chilton and then eat Korean BBQ the next night. M357.

koreanBBQ

More updates soon. M357.

1 comment:

bethany toews said...

I LOVE updates!!!