12.31.2009

Last Notes

Some notes I have made to myself that I wanted to get off my chest before the new year:

  • I started this decade 24 years old ringing in the new year with a bunch of hippies in a dome home on a farm in rural Virginia. I didn't believe a lick of the Y2K nonsense then and I don't believe a bit of this chatter about jetpacks in 2010 either.  I can't help but wonder if anyone still has leftover armageddon survival supplies. Cans of Spaghetti-Os are good for how long?
  • To self: Continue researching braided rugs. Here is a quote from a craft website -- You may use more than three strips if you are familiar with the process. If you are worried about frays along the cut ends, spray the strips with a spray adhesive or Fraycheck.
  • Three weeks into my new job and I know only one thing for sure: I like to drive by Graceland when it is raining. It’s only 2.3 miles from my office. Sometimes I just want to open my car door at the stop light and roll out, hands over head, into the gates.
  • The gifts keep rolling in. I also got a Spirit Animal book for Christmas:
  •  P1220825
  • The Real Housewives and a few other Bravo reality series made other television programming (besides HBO) obsolete in the second half of this decade.
  • I saw Up in the Air last night and stayed awake composing a mental essay about film stealing our dreams and shaping our lives into little nuggets of half-assed scenes and full-on stereotypes. Then I thought about how to transmit mental essays, then I dreamt about George Clooney.
  • I am so fond of New Years because I have an addiction that I constantly battle – an addiction to nostalgia (and a resistance to hope).
  • P1220822

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

bethany toews said...

I have a resistance to nostalgia and an addiction to hope - we make a grand team. go team 2010!