4.20.2009

Things that remind me of Friends

Late night drive. Back from Memphis. Good luck making sense of this late night post.

I usually park my car at one of the cheap lots two miles from airport so I have to take a shuttle bus back with the rest of the traveling poor. I like it because I get to interact with people at the peak of their travel fatigue.

There is always someone that talks about the weather and how they should have brought some sunshine back from Vegas/Hawaii/North Carolina.

And often there’s a pissy wife pissing on her husbands good time.

Or a big ol’ shuckster business guy making friends with everybody.

Or an old couple complaining about what a hassle it is to fly.

I would think they (the old folk) would be really glad that we can travel by air nowadays because I used to play that “Oregon Trail” video game and I seem to remember that repairing wagon wheels (which, by the way break very often) always took two days minimum off a pilgrimage.

I didn’t get to take the monorail 1/3 of the way across the Mississippi River today because everything except Schwabs is closed on Monday. But there will be plenty of time for that when I return.

Upon my return, I will also find out more about the painting in this room:

P1160165

Props to the stylish and haunting mannequins in The Woodruf-Fontaine House. Here are some things that remind me of Beth.

P1160168 P1160171

P1160188 P1160180

1 comment:

E.R.H said...

you know me too well.