4.16.2009

What is this?

I want to prove that it is possible to have a blog that isn’t rant-based, but I’ll wait until I share the last two paragraphs of an LA Times article about the new HBO Movie “Grey Gardens”:

It's true. Toward the end of the HBO film, Little Edie's black and white jacquard pants, paired with a black lace who-knows-what draped over her top and head, reminded me of Marni, the quirky Italian collection designed by Consuelo Castiglioni.
But really, this film and the documentary get at the very core of style, which is not about fitting in or following a trend, but making the most of what you've got. And in times like these, it's nice to be reminded that style doesn't cost a thing.

OH. THAT is what the documentary was about. STYLE.

It’s not about following a trend! Just be yourself.

That information is so new and refreshing. I feel like I just drank a wheelbarrow full of concrete while sitting in a tub of honey.

No comments: