4.06.2010

Enjuice Yourself, It’s Spring

P1230757

I don’t know if it was the baseball magazine the fella was reading next to me on my first flight, or the buzz about opening day, or what  --but the grass-lined runway at the Cincinnati airport had me hallucinating baseball diamonds. No really, so much that I mentioned it to the middle-aged woman sitting beside me and she just said, “I fly a lot so I don’t really notice these things” and then she started plowing into her bag of Queen City Popcorn with her face. Well well well look who knows everything I said and then I said well I’ve traveled a time or two and you know what? The last time I was in an exit row there was a QUIZ so you better study up sister because obviously you wouldn't know the heat of spring fever or a metaphorical baseball diamond even if it was edible and I would hate for the safety of all the people on this flight to rest on whether or not you have finished your popcorn before we crash land.

The trip to Michigan was great because I got to see my family and do a whirlwind baby tour of my friends’ most recent offspring. Lots of cuteness and screaming. I like when people put sunglasses on dogs and hats or bunny ears on babies. It is hilarious. Midwestern people are still able to do this without much irony so it is especially entertaining.

Also entertaining; the tv show “How the States Got Their Shapes”, pastel colored mens suits on Easter Sunday in Detroit, Easter brunch with mimosas, and of course, those refillable coffee cups that look like paper ones.

No comments: