1.30.2010

The Icing on the Cake

What I like about the weather here is that people take it seriously. If it snows even a millimeter classes get canceled, parties are postponed, and cars stay parked. Unlike in the northern states where you are fully expected to attend class or work as long as there is a semblance of a trail of tire marks in the snow. Being a Michigander, I speak from experience.

So the Winter Rapture Hail-Fire Storm of 2010 did come yesterday morning: rain, then ice, then snow, then sleet, then rain, then snow, then the most precious pebbly hail you’ve ever seen:

(the above video was taken with my new flip – and I used the ridiculous flip magic movie maker software to create a short movie out of random clips – those flower pots USED to have forget-me-nots in them)

My office was closed for the day and the bachelorette party I was looking forward to was cancelled. But that was the least of the damage around town. My friend Amy (the bachelorette) texted me: “According to the News Channel 5 weather ticker the following things are cancelled tomorrow: Debutante Workshop, Handicap Hoedown Fundraiser, Act Workshop Moolah Shrine, & The Public Health Clinics of WalMart.”

What do Debutantes do on their nights off? I know I filed my nails, read some papers, and watched “44 Inch Chest” with my drunken boyfriend.

No comments: