1.20.2010

Weathered

Thunderstorming at night here is the trend. Last night I couldn’t sleep because I kept thinking about my work event I had scheduled for today and how all the senior citizens driving from rural Arkansas were going to have to brave the terrible weather in their ill-equipped cars. Oh their poor brittle bones rattling over bench seats in hydroplaning Delta 88s!

So I did what any person having trouble sleeping at 4am, I re-upped on some Nyquil (the original Blue – I am not sick BTW). Sure it turned my eyelids into sandbags and by the time my alarm went off my name, date, and current president were erased from my memory, but I got some relief from my storm worries and was eventually able to make it to Clarksdale to eat a fried-green-tomato-bacon-and-cheese sandwich next alongside a crew of bused-in-wanna-be-bluesers from a music camp outta Columbia College in Chicago. I think the sandwich would make quite a pairing with the Nyquil. I’ll serve it at my road-side snack shop someday – maybe call it the hyp-and-henn of lunch choices because of the blue and green combo. Whatever I call it I will be sure to invite those camp graduates and see where their blues have taken them.

No comments: