6.23.2010

Oh Ugh

When I am depressed I like to concentrate on and observe even more things that depress me. This week my melancholy has been compounded by: the site of silent couples hunched over hamburgers at the Belmont Grill, chubby ladies in scrubs ordering footlong sandwiches off a crumbly list (so so depressing, ordering subway for coworkers), the birdcrap stuck on my windshield, a billboard on Lamar for a reptile exhibit that took place some weekend back in May, thumb tacks, office family photos that feature children styled with hairspray, scuffed shoes and/or gummy worn insoles, and the several stacks of whatever that I can’t keep or throw away that I am staring at right now.

 

note: I know what you are thinking, “how can you be depressed when you have such a great postcard map collection?”  Let this be a lesson – it can happen to anyone.

1 comment:

kfw said...

But you're observing great stuff SKL! I send you lighting fast hugs and high fives.