9.08.2008

Am I just real tired or does Gossip Girl not have the staying power I thought it did? Yawn. I can barely resist writing about how much I am suffering because I have to give up caffeine to stop the deadly ministrokes in my brain from ruining my days and impairing my driving. But I won’t say a word about it. I won't! Rapping about health stuff is in the same manners-category as talking about dreams or describing in beat-by-beat detail what happened on The Sheild or in March of the Peguins (that has actually happened to me sosyaknow). But just for the record: It’s not my fault that I got a jump-start on health problems early in my life. Most people wait until they are sixty-plus to start talking about gluten-allergies and intestinal sensitivities. Oh wait, nope – I got that wrong - that describes nearly everyone my age. Looks like Gen-X is a couple decades ahead of our grandparents.

I just recently confirmed this at Borders when browsing through Things White People Like. I didn’t mean to read so much of it (white people don’t like to admit spending money or being ironic or saying hipster or watching tv or getting silly books like that) but I did. White people like natural medicine and tea. True and true. Although my brother likes both Tylenol and TV and he doesn’t give a f%k who knows it. But we aren’t really one hundred percent white. I became convinced of that after watching The Gangs of New York.

So I read nearly the whole thing and put it back on the shelf. I had to make room in my hands to buy one of those notebooks that Picasso and Hemingway used. Talk about road tested!

Without coffee I have to find something else to love. Oh and I already thought of that, but no, I can’t replace my coffee habit with whiskey or wine or Andy’s Hot Fries.

3 comments:

E.R.H said...

No caffeine is rough. Really, really rough. Best of luck xo

heidi said...

i think you should replace your caffeine habit with plane tickets to the west coast.

bethany toews said...

wait, why can't you replace your caffeine habit with whiskey?