9.06.2008

Three Stacks of High Society

Tonight I went to St. Agnes as my mom’s training partner. She is learning how to deal Texas Hold ‘Em for the Fall Fun Festival. So it was her and about fifteen other sweet moms in sweaters squinting over reading glasses at rule sheets and cards.  Mini pretzels, pop, and wine were served.

“So we burn a card, when?”

“What’s the big blind?”

“What if people are blind and can’t see the cards?”

I could tell the local poker expert was getting frustrated. He drank like seven glasses of Coke Classic and kept rubbing his forehead trying to understand how such innocent women could stump him with card questions he'd never been asked. So I decided to throw in a few more questions like, “What happens if there is a hostile bidder? Who is going to protect my mom? What is your take-down plan?”

I leaned over to my mom and told her, “All of this could all be clarified if we just went home and watched Rounders

No comments: