9.22.2008

What Else Can I Exfoliate?

So so many people showed up tonight. The Obama meeting was kicked off by a twenty year old kid wearing flip-flops and a Big Lebowski T-shirt (FYI: The Big Lebowski and J Mascis are two dudecentric entities that I have never, ever understood). He told us an inspirational story about the life events that led him to take a semester off from Emory to help out. It worked. I’d like to know how a privileged kid from west mass can get up in front of a room of Detroiters and tell them what to do. That is the power of the campaign of change.

Let me tell you a few things I would like to change: The size of my computer screen, the look on people’s faces when I sing or demonstrate “AirRobiX”, the cost of socks and other foundation garments, and the year 1997. 

I also wish that “The First 48” would air at a reasonable and constant hour for just once in my life but I’m trying not to make everything about television.

No comments: